Top Ten WordPress plugins
If you want to give you WordPress a little Glitter, you always need plugins for that and WordPress Plugin Directory gives you 8000 available plugins for that.
Well let’s see for the top 10 plugins you would like to use.
1. STOP COMMENTING AND TRACKBACK SPAM WITH AKISMET:
If you have a traffic on your website, obviously guys you‘ll be dealing with SPAM comments and trackbacks. Both of them are equally proportional the more traffic you have the SPAM rate will be more for sure.
AKISMET is something created by the developers of WordPress is an awesome thing for defense. Most of the websites use this SPAM plugin. All you have to do is to make a WordPress account and have an API key to get this plugin work. If you have a commercial site you would be paying $5 per month.
But if you don’t want to pay you can get a free SPAM defender, which is WP-Spam Free, it almost works like AKISMET but still it’s great.
2. PROTECT YOU EMAIL ADDRESSES WITH SPAMSHIV LITE:
SPAMMERS love to bug you with automated bots and spiders that go around to collect email addresses and gather them in their SPAM lists. Whenever you post an email address to you site, it is always attacked by such people.
Well we have a solution for it SPAMSHIV LITE, this plugin converts your email addresses to come code which is not recognized as an email address. For example we have firstname.lastname@example.org it will be shown on your site as email@example.com
It is totally cool, and you’ll be free of spammers.
3. GET MORE TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE WITH GOOGLE XML SITEMAPS:
All of us know that almost 85% of the searches are made on Google and Google needs to know about you site to get it into its search results, so you can get more search engine traffic.
There is a way to make sure that Google is aware of all the pages on your site, that is you have to submit an XML sitemap. XML site map is basically a directory on your site.
This plugin is called Google XML Sitemaps; it submits the sitemap to Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask. Once it is installed, it automatically creates and submits the new site map to the search engines and even when you modify the content of your site.
4. ENGAGE YOUR READERS WITH POLLDADY POLLS AND RATINGS:
If you want to engage your readers fully into your blog other than the basic content of it is to engage them through polls and ratings. Because mostly readers don’t have time to read the whole thing so they can be engaged in other things. Polldaddy is owned by the WordPress so it’s simple to implement that tool.
You can create polls easily embedded into your posts, pages and sidebars via widgets panel, you can easily see the results of the poll in that.
There is also a five star rating available to your posts and pages, you can easily install and activate it.
5. MAKE YOUR CONTENT EASY TO SHARE WITH AddToAny
Sometimes it happens that you find some blog information really interesting and you want to share it with other people like your friends and family etc. but you are busy enough to type the whole content again or to send an email. But here we are having an awesome plugin that is AddToAny.
You might have seen it on most of the blogs now days that displays a list of different social network websites where they can be installed and activated.
Now sharing really means caring J
6. IMPROVE SEARCH ENGINE RANKINGS WITH ALL-IN-ONE SEO
All-In-One SEO gives us the facility to determine the Title tag for all pages on your site and whenever you make a change in anything about your website it takes you SEO to the next level.
This one is kind of a crucial feature because the Title tag appears like a clickable link on search engine results pages (SERPs). And title tag is something that achieves high search engine rankings.
This plugin lets us control another key component of SEO, which is the meta description tag. With three important purposes:
1. To describe the content of the page accurately and succinctly.
2. To serve as a short, text “advertisement” to click on your results in the search results.
3. To display targeted keywords, not for ranking purposes, but to indicate the content to searchers.
7. CONTROL THE ORDER OF YOUR POSTS WITH POSTMASH
To control the order of your posts your WordPress posts can be ordered easily
- by post author
- by post date
- by post title
- by date post was modified
- by post parent
- by post ID
- random order
- by post custom field meta_value
- by post comment_count
Basically PostMash (filter) basically helps us to order our website in whatever choice we want. All you have to do is to install this plugin. You can easily drag and drop your posts in whatever order you like. The major drawback in this plugin is that whenever you change the order of one post it also affects its order in other categories too.
8. CREATE YOUR SITE NAVIGATION MENU WITH MENU MANAGER:
In most of the WordPress themes your site navigation is based on your pages. For each page you create a navigation menu. This method of creating navigation site menu is inferior because
1. It doesn’t allow you to include 1 or more category pages in your nav menu.
2. It doesn’t allow you to exclude 1 or more pages from the nav menu.
3. It doesn’t allow you to include links to an external site in your nav menu.
4. It doesn’t make it easy for you to control the order of the links in your nav menu.
5. It doesn’t allow you to use navigation link text that’s different from the page title.
Menu Manager gives us complete control over our navigation menu without locking you up in the same theme.
9. TURN YOUR SITE INTO A SOCIAL NETWORK WITH MINGLE
Once you have installed Mingle plugin your site itself becomes a social network of itself like a scaled down version of facebook. Some of the features include:
- Members can set up their own user profile page complete with a bio and photo.
- Members can “friend” other members and communicate with them via direct comment to them on the site.
- Member directory page.
- Email Notifications for members.
10. INCREASE PAGE VIEWS AND BUILS RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU READERS VIA YARPP RELATED POSTS:
You can have very good relationship with your readers via blog. If your content is good and satisfying obviously you’ll be having more readers and a good relationship with them.
When someone comes to your blog for the first time this is probably he has used some search engine or some other link to come to your blog and once they read your material and it doesn’t satisfy them they will automatically switch to some other website.
YARPP (Yet another related posts plugin) will automatically scout other posts on your site. It will then present those related posts at the end of posts being read.