Top 10 Poorest Countries in the World

• Sharebar

Hey,

I was searching for some content and got these stats somewhere on the internet containing the list of the top 10 poorest countries in the world with the GDP Volume, I thought to share this data with you people, I hope you will like it, Find the list below.

poorest Top 10 Poorest Countries in the World

Congo Democratic Republic of the flag 2 Top 10 Poorest Countries in the World

GDP Per Capita : $300

01: Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe Flag 1 Top 10 Poorest Countries in the World

GDP Per Capita : $200

Related Articles

25 Responses to “Top 10 Poorest Countries in the World”

1. rachel kaseke says:

what the hell is your problem? zimbabwe is not the poorest country in the world! we have everything we need here. have you been to zambia before? do not listen to what you here on the news! they exaggerate. i am from zimbabwe and i live healthily and am not damn suffering. you should come here by yourself and judge from here. do not judge from where ever you are from, that is just ignorant. what you said really got to me and i am touched!

• Pam says:

I’ve always wanted to go to Zimbabwe. Do you know anything about foreign travel to your country? How much money should I try to save up? What methods of travel do you recommend? Is there a tour company you think is good? Thanks.

• mike says:

C’mon every company is good person /..its not what you guys think zimbabwe is nice & pretty no suffering and they got money ..check it out on youtube and stil tel me zimbabwe is the poorest .i’ve been there and i am white by the way ..i din’t even wanted to cum back home in england coz zimbabwe is so nice like the people ar not racist…have you been to zambia mozambiqe botswana malawi JAMAICA nigeria niger and so many of them ……

• Maravi says:

Dear Rachel

have you seen the latest 1 July 2011 World Bank income classifications? The countries listed above including our motherland Zimbabwe are still classified as low income countries or least developed countries. In Southern Africa we are in a group of three i.e Malawi, Mozambique and Zimbabwe making up the least developed countries or low income countries. Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland and Zambia are all classified as middle income countries. It is no use directing cheap shorts at Zambia. We used to look down upon Zambians but since they voted out Kaunda in 1991 they have shown a level of maturity and discipline from which we can learn. kaunda stepped down when he was defeated. Mugabe still clings on. Zambians are past the nationalisation nonsense. In Zimbabwe we think it will be our panacea to our economic malaise. Why dont we learn from Zambians and how they have turned their once anaemic economy around? Isnt this the same country we used to export food to? Arent they now exporting food to DRC, East Africa, Namibia, Angola including Zimbabwe?

• lll says:

i wonder why ethiopia is the richest country in the world

• hi there
      i am planing to outsource my business to any country where the labor is cheap, is there any one who can tell me that what is average daily wages in Zimbabwe. Kindly tell me in US$.
      I would be very thankful to you guys and kindly people from Zimbabwe contact me by using this email id : “proxpdt.info@gmail.com”. I need to know some thing more then rumors and media news which I always get through different sources.

• kriti says:

ohh…swthrt. juzt chill..

2. Emmie says:

Rachel, you really must hate Zambia and Zambians. No my dear Zambia is not in the top 10 poorest countries. Zambia’s GDP @December 2010 is $15.691bn. Zimbabwe’s is a third of Zambia @ $5bn. Zambia is the Third largest economy in Southern Africa after South Africa and Angola in that order. Zambia has overtaken you and the country is still growing. Just to remind you Zimbabwe’s GDP in 1995 was $9bn. Zambia’s was $3.3 bn. Now everything has been turned upside down.

3. Max says:

How can u even compare Zambia to Zimbabwe! Zambia is by far the much stronger economy…. Looks like Rachel is living is a fantasy world. How she forgets hyper inflation, lack of food on it’s selves, mass migration of Zimbabweans to other countries and complete lawlessness I’n the country. Come on you can’t be that blind!

4. gomez says:

Pam, you can basically fly from wherever you are to Livingstone Zambia, and from there you can just cross the border which is the Victoria Falls. Good Luck!

5. Michelle says:

yes i do recommend you got zimbabwe you should go to Victoria falls i went there last summer with my family for the 1st time i has a wondeful time we stayed in kingdom hotel…and also go mutare there’s wonderful hotels and scenery…I think i best to go by air zimbabwe or go through south Africa ….careful with some other connecting flights they leave your baggage.

You should save a good amount of money depends how many of you going but max 1grand……

6. Helen says:

Why the are all these countries from Africa. I’m really getting tired of people think that Africa is the a dumb. I know there are places like this in Africa, and the world, but its not the whole damn continent!!

7. Jon says:

if all of you guys who are upset about these stats are from these countries – then you’re the rich ones! Perhaps you need to get off the computer and go for a drive (again indicating your level of wealth) around your country and see what the rest of the country lives like!

I feel comfortable making this statement, as an expatriate living in Guinea. I work in a very rural area where people do not have telephones, power or even know what the internet is (yes I am out of the country writing this).

the more interesting information is to look at how corrupt your countries are and combine that with the data noted above and you will find a striking similarity! Your corruption is making your per person GDP the lowest in the world.

The biggest question is – what are you doing productively to fix the situation? are you questioning your government? are you doing anything to turn this problem around?

8. yasir says:

why india is not included in this list.

• indian says:

@yasir- i dunno which country u belong to, but fr ya kind information india has d worlds 4th largest GDP n tat is jus sheer jealousiness makin u ask dis question. or els it might b ppl in ya country r highly illiterate to kw abt other countries, don u han any media in ya country to kw abt the outside world??

• srini says:

super

• srini says:

he might be from pakistan,tats y mking sme silly comments,india has the fourth largest economy in the world as well as fourth powerful army in the world behind us,china,russia

9. jamaican says:

geez jamaica is the worst of them all i’m from jamaica and i live i a very nice house but nt even one tenth of them got nice houses we live in cabins like seriously…JAMAICA SHOULD BE FIRST COZ I’VE BEEN TO ZIMBABWE AND ZAMBIA TOO no problem but stil jamaica is the worst ..my country shoulb=d be number 1 please change your settign thanx

• EBD says:

I would not gloat bout it. Even if your country and its people are “poor” you should take some pride in your country.

10. martin says:

i think you people just hate zimbabwe. its the fact that most of you have never been to zimbabwe and see for yourself how it is like. to tell you zimbabwe is one of the best countries to live in in southern africa. coz there is peace, no hunger, no high crime rate.zimbabwe. i have been to malawi, zambia, botswana, llesotho, swaziland, and namibia. zimbabwe is far much better than all these countries. south africa has better economy but there is high crime rate. zimbwe is like canaan, the promised land in the bible. of course we have isolated cases of poverty but to tell you people in zimbabwe are not poor neither they are suffering. you statistics are not genuine coz they biased towards demonising zimbabwe just because we kicked the british out of the farms so that we resetlle our landless natives. vose vanhu vari kutaura zvemarraara about zimbabwe are stupit. the western propaganda has blinkered their minds just becuase zimbabwe is an enemy of britain and america. whoever thinks that zimbabae is poor, plic come to my place. i will go with you around zimbabwe at my expense.

11. Steve says:

I agree I think the report is slightly off. I have also traveled to several countries in that region and I would have to say Zimbabwe is def not the poorest.

Great blog!

12. Yoyo says:

DR Congo was supposed to lead on this list. It’s unfair, so unfair for Zimbabwe to lead. I know both countries.

13. smark says:

well theres nothing wrong been poor,what matters is our effort to overcome poor.no country was created been rich from the earlier time.its the poor that will become rich.without poor you cant get to rich.all the great countries of the world today suffered one problem to the other before been what they are today.

14. hi there

15. urio faraja k says:

Why all of this country are from Africa?There alot of country from Asia and other from Latin Amerca which is poor than Niger or Congo why you didint mention those?I think this is not a real report which is suppose to be shown all over the world. Please for the next year try to be sereus coz you (ndulis )from westert you real hates Africa.I will never agree this report you need to change it for the comming yearcoz the factor mentioned some of the country have those factors than 87%but congratulation to your report !!!!!!!!!!!