10 Best Laptops For College Students

• Sharebar

Those individuals who are about to go to college for their higher studies and they are looking for a laptop that will accompany them during their time in college, lets check out some of the best laptops for college purpose. But first thing is how they are going to find the best suitable laptop that can perform all type of functions including multimedia, assignments and many others. There are lots of thing that are very important when buying a laptop for your college i.e. weight, size and the most important factor is to check the CPU speed, RAM size, Hard disk and optical drive.
Another very important point is the battery timing. Students will not be able to charge their laptops at college. According to the present market price may be the secondary factor. So after hours of searches and focusing on the above mentioned factors I have gathered the information about the 10 best laptops for the college students.

See Also: Best Laptops 2011

10. HP G62-340us:

HP G62 340us 10 Best Laptops For College Students
Specification:
CPU: 2.0 GHz AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor
Hard Drive: 320GB
Memory: 3GB DDR3
Optical Drive: LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Additional Features: Webcam, 5 in 1 memory card reader and Wi-Fi.

9. Toshiba Satellite L455:

Toshiba Satellite L455 S5975 10 Best Laptops For College Students
Specification:
CPU: Intel Celeron Processor 900
Hard Drive: 250 GB
Memory: 2GB DDR2
Optical Drive: DVD-SuperMulti drive
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (32 Bits)
Additional Features: memory card reader and Wi-Fi

ASUS A52F XA1 Laptop 10 Best Laptops For College Students
Specification:
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core P6100
Hard Drive: 320GB Hard Drive
Memory: 4GB of DDR3 RAM
Optical Drive: Super Multi Optical Disk Drive
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Additional Features: Webcam and Bluetooth.

6. Samsung Q430:

samsung q430 10 Best Laptops For College Students
Specification:
CPU: 2.26 GHz Intel Core i3-350m
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Memory: 3GB DDR2 RAM
Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW +/-DL
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Additional Features: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and memory card reader.

5. Toshiba satellite C655-S5118:

Toshiba Satellite C655 S5118 10 Best Laptops For College Students
Specification:
CPU: Intel Core i3-370M Processor
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Memory: 3GB DDR3
Optical Drive: DVD-SuperMulti drive
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Additional Features: Bluetooth, Wi-FI and memory card reader.

4. ASUS U41JF-A1:

Asus U41JF A1 Laptop 10 Best Laptops For College Students
Specification:
CPU: 2.53 Intel Core i3-380M
Hard Drive: 500 GB
Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM
Optical Drive: DVD RW/DVD ROM
Operating System: Microsoft 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)
Additional Features: Memory card reader, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Webcam

3. Acer Aspire TimelineX AS4820T-7633:

Acer Aspire TimelineX AS4820T 7633 10 Best Laptops For College Students
Specification:
CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i3-370M dual-core processor
Hard Drive: 320 GB SATA
Memory: 4 GB DDR3
Optical Drive: 8x SuperMulti DVD±R/RW
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Additional Features: Webcam, Wi-Fi and memory card reader

1. Apple Macbook Pro MC700LL 13.3 inches /A:

Apple MacBook Pro MC700LL A 10 Best Laptops For College Students
Specification:
CPU: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM
Optical Drive: 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Additional Features: Wi-FI, Bluetooth and memory card reader.

Related Articles

18 Responses to “10 Best Laptops For College Students”

1. Neha says:

I have been looking around for a college computer for the Fall 2011 semester. Some that have caught my eye are the Sony Vaio F series. Toshiba Satellite A500-ST6647, and the Dell Studio 15. I have heard that the Sony has terrible battery life. The dell seems underpowered compared to the others but with my student discount at Varney’s I can balance it out with the other two. I am leaning towards the Toshiba or Dell right now. But what are other thoughts. Thank you

• Paul says:

Be sure to check the college that you plan on going to and see if they want Windows style laptop or an Apple style laptop. This could help narrow your choices. for example, Western University requires the Apple Mac Pro with certain requirements on memory, speed,version, etc.,for broadcasting major. So Always check with college or university you are going to attend. Larger colleges and universities may also have a book or computor store for students to buy the proper laptop computer.

• Tanya says:

I have had the same Toshiba Satellite computer for six years. Matter-of-fact, I am using it now to reply to you. It has been a great experience and I am only now looking for a new computer because I need more memory. I have not been disappointed. Toshiba is awesome. Good luck hunting.

2. m says:

You do realize that college students are more-or-less short on funds and already on the way towards being in debt, yes?

3. saaki says:

from last few days i am in a search of impressive lap for my personal use before i use to carry toshiba and after so much market research i am again finding toshiba is best for 15’6 screen size…. even dell is also good but In its xps series but i am bit worried for battery back up …..

4. saaki says:

most imp is see our own requirement for screen size and weight ..:………..so better give a second thought before any step ….

5. Joseph says:

How exactly is a Mac, the best computer for a college student again? One can buy a pc with better hardware…..ie faster computer for much less money. Also if you are Computer Sciences it is much more difficult to load the needed programs onto a mac. Mac is absolutely the last choice that should be on this list….hell it shouldn’t even be on this list.

• John Smith says:

Parallel Desktop(the program) will enable you to have windows running. so even as a computer sci major you will be able to do your projects. So yes it should be on this list.

6. David says:

The Acer Aspire 5742Z is something I’d also recommend for students, reasonably cheap but with a generous hard drive size and RAM amount.

7. J I says:

You know what? After reading your comment I concluded that you’re just an Apple fan-boy trying to justify how MacBooks are “cost-efficient” in the long-term. Now, everybody knows that’s just a lame excuse Apple fanboys came up with. People buy PCs and they last 3-5 years with them if you treat it correctly.

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know that spend extra $1000 if your PC crashes (probably because of HDD, which could happen in any Mac).

Arrogant?? Whoooaaaa, calm down Mr. Smart College Comp Sci guy! Oh and congrats on having 2 PCs and 2 Macs. :) Whoever, you or your smart friend.

8. royalsam says:

Toshiba satellite looks good. Guys plz suggest me is it best for a student or not?

9. svm says:

Well I dunno about the Mac, simply because I’ve had a horrible experience with Apple products in the past. I had an Ipod and one morning when I was in the process of downloading some music from a CD onto it, the Ipod caused my computer to crash. When I took it too the computer shop, they said it was unrepairable. I had important files on there, so I was very upset.

Also, I have family members who have had similar incidents with Apple products. A cousin of mine had damaged an Apple computer and when they went to get it fixed the guy at the store told him that he should upgrade to the newest product instead. Meaning, spend $1,000 plus instead of paying for whatever minor thing needed to be fixed.

The good thing I would say is its running platform, because it doesn’t run on Windows it isn’t affected by all the viruses that normally affect windows hardware-But that’s also what makes having one such a pain. Apple products in general are more costly to repair then any windows based products (if they don’t tell you too buy the newest edition). The next computer I get I plan to try using Ubuntu instead of Windows, allegedly it runs better and it does not get viruses.
    So in my opinion, Apple products is an GIMMICK.
    It looks good on the eye, yes, but in the long run its an expensive mistake.

HOWEVER, I was interested in an HP laptop. I’ve had an HP desktop for the last 8 and yrs so far no problems, except for the one year we had to get it cleared for an computer virus.
    Anyone has anything to say about the HP?

• fbm says:

svm some of your statements are plain wrong:

1.- Ipod a PC destroyer: A computer can’t became unrepairable beacause of connecting an Ipod!! That’s imposible. In the worst scenary (hard to imagine) you should have to reinstall the operative system at worst.

2.- Viruses: You do have virus in Mac!! This is a common mistake to believe your are save from viruses in a Mac.

10. Raj says:

I am looking for best laptop around rs 30000 in india. I will wait for suggestions. Thanx

11. Rockhopper says:

Obviously someone hasn’t used a Mac before. It deserves to be #1 on th list. Pcs slow down way quicker than macs do. Max. life for pc=6yrs. Max. life for Mac =10-12 yrs.

12. Brian says:

I am going to be using the 2012 model of the Macbook Pro 13.3 in for college. It is by far the best choice out of the chosen models. For productivity I can use Microsoft office or iWorks which is amazing to use. I can use the Macbook pro for iLife software that comes already pre-installed (imovie for making amazing videos, iPhoto for picture editing, and Garageband for making and editing music as well as ringtones for free on my iPhone. I can use iPads, iPods, and Iphones to act as a remote for my Macbook Pro for slideshows and keynote presentations. I can use my Macbook Pro to stream content to my TV and entertainment center with an Apple TV at home. The ecosystem on the Mac is why the Mac is worth the price. Plus Frys Electronics has a sale going on for 999 for the 2012 with the Ivy Bridge chip.

13. Anti-moron Pill says:

This article is super biased. The author is just another Apple worshipper. http://www.tiptoptens.com/wp-admin/edit-comments.php#comments-formI just lost a few minutes of my life that I will never get back.