Russia invaded Afghanistan to have access to the hot waters but they were defeated due to the different war lords of Afghanistan and then 2 years later Americans also started providing financial and military aid to the military groups through Pakistan on the oust of USSR, but peace couldn’t be established in Afghanistan because of different factions interested to have control on Afghanistan and this resulted in a war between the fighting groups. In 1991 on the backing of America, Taliban who were basically the students of “MADRISSAS” were raised in the southern part of Afghanistan, while establishing their headquarters in Kandahar. They established peace in the areas under their control and started establishing control of Afghanistan while moving towards northwards. And around 90% of the area of Afghanistan they established their government. And Taliban declared their government as Islamic state and was recognized by Pakistan and Saudi Arabia under the leadership of Mullah Omar.
In the meanwhile USA started negotiating with Taliban to have the access to the hot waters through Afghanistan from Central Asian states but Taliban’s as declaring themselves as true Islamic government didn’t cooperate with USA and therefore USA and other European countries didn’t recognize Taliban Government until favorable negotiations with Taliban. Once USA didn’t succeed in having a favorable situation they created the drama of 9/11, about which the reasonable sources have given the opinion to be a total drama. America declared a war against terrorism with the help of NATO countries and like the Gulf War, USA did try to persuade Arab countries to the part of war against terrorism but they had learn their lesson already and stayed away from USA and the USA and NATO countries had to fight this war on their own expense.
So, I have here this post about the Top 10 facts about Taliban to share with you people. I hope you’ll be amused too like I was when I studied about it
10. Did you know that when Taliban tried to set out the World’s most pure Islamic region in Afghanistan then they were called as the extremist and the revolutionary type Muslims of the world, who kept beard of specific length?
9. Taliban were called they have this anti-women agenda which forbade the women to work outside of home and wear the burka, they were not supposed to leave home without a male guardian. Well that is considered to be anti-women but in real that is what Islam is all about the safety of women.
8. During the war America raided Afghanistan with Cruise missiles and later on they carried out the carpet bombing dropping the daisy cutters on Torah Bora against Al-Qaida (Al-Qaida and Taliban were two different groups but still cooperated with each other against the NATO and US forces).
7. Taliban and Al-Qaida after being expelled from Afghanistan established their base on the Pak-Afghan border in North and South Waziristan.
6. During the last ten years America has been bringing hundreds and thousands of soldiers, fighting equipments and drones and planes to get to the hot waters but Taliban through the Guerilla warfare didn’t let the Americans settle down peacefully.
5. The Taliban used to receive logistical and humanitarian support from Saudi Arabia and Pakistan’s ISI i.e. $2 million each year from Saudi Arabia’s charity.
4. Taliban used to supply the 72% of the world’s illicit opium.
3. Osama Bin Laden was the one who forged an alliance between Taliban and Al-Qaida in 1996.
2. As Taliban did make an Islamic government in Afghanistan but they failed to take any significant and important steps to revive the country’s economy.
1. Did you know that what was the basic cause of the isolation of Taliban from the rest of the world? Lack of the experience in the foreign policy was the major factor of their international isolation.